Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pushing through the soreness

I am loving the gym and my personal trainer. Of course it has left me a little sore. My trainer is working muscle groups I haven't used in years. It feels so good, but boy am I sore too. It would be so easy to just take a few days off to recover, but I know that will just lead to more soreness and no weightloss. So I am pushing through the soreness.

My trainer asked if I was having pain and I said no I am just sore. He started laughing at me. I explained to him that pain would mean I needed to see a doctor, but the soreness meaned I was just working on my muscles and getting in shape. He said he liked my attitude.

So even though I am sore I will be getting on my elliptical today and doing at least an hour workout. So the moral of the story is soreness is good. It means you are working those muscles that you have left dormant way too long.

2 comments:

  1. Good work Michele! I wish I had your will power! I have an eliptical and it just sits in the corner unused. Its nice to have a trainer to push you. Having someone to work out with and not let you quit is a plus!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I am so proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete