Wednesday, March 9, 2011

One Step At A Time

So I have been working out pretty regularly since my husband left for Afghanistan. The elliptical machine is my best bud and I can stay on it for hours. I know some people struggle with it, but I love it and I get a great workout and feel great. Sure my legs feel weird after I step off, but all in all I feel great.

Well today I tried something new. The stair climber. I am used to the old fashioned stair stepper, but now they have these machines that look like stairs. So I get on it. Man is it harder then I thought. I put in for 15 minutes, but I will confess I only made it to 6 minutes. It was much harder then I thought. BUT I tried something new.

I think it is important to try new things when you are working out so you don't get bored and you don't quite so easily. So now I plan on hitting that stair machine each and every time I go to the gym. I figure each time I will go for longer and soon my butt will be where it is supposed to be, one step at a time.

So I challenge you to get moving and to try something new. My next new adventure will be Zumba.

No comments:

Post a Comment