Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Loving me (very raw & personal)

It took me a long time to understand some things. Mainly that I would never be happy and be where I want to be unless I love myself. I know people say this all the time, and I always thought I loved myself, but then I really started thinking about this. Do I love myself? If I love myself why do I do the things that I do?

Well I can say I went through periods of time in my life where I didn't love myself anymore. Where I thought I did, but truely I didn't. I had the stage in my life where I partied, drank, and unfortunatly slept with men I shouldn't have. Obviously I didn't love myself. I did these things because I wasn't happy with myself and didn't love me.

There was also a time in my life (more recently) that I ate to be happy. How dumb is that? I didn't like myself and didn't want to admit to myself that I was eating for all the wrong reasons. I stopped working out and let myself go. Plain and simple I got FAT. I hate being fat, but I let myself get this way because I didn't love myself the way I should.

Now I have decided I am worth loving, and I do love myself. I am truely blessed and I am so happy with myself. I see physical and mental changes in myself all the time, and I love it. I am taking myself back and loving myself more and more everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment