Monday, April 25, 2011

Cleaning Plates

I was talking to a friend about habits I am trying to change. One of the biggest is cleaning my kids plate. You know what I am talking about. When there are 2 fries left on the plate it needs to go in the trash not my mouth. Or they didn't touch their chicken at all. You don't want to waste it so you eat it. Never mind you already ate your 4 oz of chicken and all the sides already.

Another thing is when you get your kids a snack. Even though they are kids snacks you can't stop yourself from taking that one little bit to taste it. No more doing that!!!! I know it looks good, but stop. I am so guilty of this of course. Even things I know I don't like because it is a snack I pop it right in my mouth. I always regret it later yet I still do it.

So I think it is time that we say no more cleaning the kids plates. Now after they eat and I have looked at the plates and decided they tried enough of their ood I make the kids put the rest in the trash and rinse off their plates. My 2 year old is even doing this. So no more cleaning the kids plates for me. Now to just work on that snack thing....

2 comments:

  1. I am so guilty of this. I think I need to do this as well. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had the eating off the kids plate problem; my big problem is making everything about food. For something fun to do we make a cake or brownies or cookies....or we go to the mall and eat or get a pretzel or a big cookie...or we go to mcdonalds to the playland and eat...I've got to stop making everything we do about food...instead I will try going to the park or a walk; something to do without food!

    ReplyDelete