Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Taking Me Back

This is something new I am trying and I hope it will help me and other women along the way. I am a 34 year old proud Marine Corps wife and mom to three great kids. Of course for the last 11 years that has been my identity. No one really calls me Michele anymore. Instead I am SSGT Kuepfer's wife or Stephen's mom. I love my family and they are my world but it is time for me to finally put myself first. In the last several years I have packed on the pounds. When I got married I was a healthy curvy 165lbs. Now I am tipping the scales at 293lbs! Yes I said it. I am 293lbs! When I stepped on the scale and saw my weight I thought I would pass out. How did I let myself get this big.

I learned a long time ago that I turn to food for answers. When I saw the scale and how much I weighed the frst thing I wanted was some buffalo wings with lots of ranch. I figured that would make me feel better. Well after eating those buffalo wings I sat and cried for many hours. Instead of doing something for myself I went and made things worse. WHY???? I really don't know, but I am tired. So this is the start of my journey.

My husband is leaving for another deployment to the sandbox and I am taking this opportunity to start working on me. I got out my elliptical and dusted it off. Already got myself a membership to the local YMCA. Bought the kids new bikes to ride while I do my walks. Plus I found two great ladies who are my walking buddies. I have a goal to lose 50lbs while my husband is deployed. I know this is attainable, but I will have to be accountable to myself. I want to do this. Hopefully along the way I can celebrate my triumps and commiserate with you over my weaknesses.

Look out world because Michele is coming back!

3 comments:

  1. Way to Go Michelle! I know you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are Amazing, powerful and inspirational! I know you can do it!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete