Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Next Week Phenomenon

One of my Facebook friends mentioned that she always tells herself I will start next week. Well I am one of those people too. Next week, Monday I will start my diet. Next week I will start working out. Next week next week next week. The problem is next week turns into next week. Why do we do this to ourselves? Why can't we make a date and time we are going to lose weight and just do it? Because it is too much pressure. What if we fail at next week?

No more next week for this girl. I may not start a "diet" this week, but I will start something. Getting off the couch and moving more. That is what I am going to do today. I am going to get off this big old booty and walk somewhere instead of getting into my car to get there. Yes I understand I live in Hawaii so I can get outside and walk even in the winter. Of course there is other things you can do.

So no more next week. Instead it is now. Seize the day and conquer your fear because really fear is what is letting you get stuck in the next week phenomenon. Realize you may fail this week, but that is okay as long as you learn from your failure. Until you get up and get moving you can't live that life you deserve.

So no more Next Week. Instead start TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment